And you get to choose my next girlfriend! Well, not exactly…
I have this idea for a YouTube reality show that basically places a guy (or gal) on a series of dates with 16 different women who are pitted against each other in pairs in a multi-round bracket system. Winners from the first round go on to face each other in a second round until one winner emerges.
But there’s a catch…
The guy on the dates doesn’t get a say in who wins each match-up. The viewers vote on the winners. Its basically The Batchelor + March Madness + American Idol… + YouTube. Plus, there will be other fun interactive voting features as well (such as what kind of date they go on, what the “surprise challenge” will be, etc.).
SO that is an idea for the future… Anyone want to help me create the show???
While I’m working on that, in the meantime, I thought it would be fun to do a pretend bracket for myself – using some of my favorite actresses. Yeah, yeah, yeah… I don’t stand a chance with any of these lovely ladies, but its all for fun and games and pretend. And who knows? Maybe the winner will actually go on a date with me if I ask reeeeeal nice.
Every couple of days, I will introduce a new set of match-ups and invite you to vote on who deserves to move onto the next round. And ultimately we will have a winner. Would you like to see the brackets?
All of these lovely and talented actresses have appeared in TV shows or movies that I am fond of (for the most part). I have divided them into four divisions – based on my own secret criteria (and partly by random assignment). Then, I assigned seeds – again, by a very loose criteria, but mostly random – and fed them into a bracket builder to create the match-ups.
The first match-ups will launch this Saturday (3/30/2013).
So, without further ado, the contestant (who didn’t even know they were competing). On, and don’t worry, I will be providing pictures and basic biographic information about them when they are facing off against each other:
- Click here for an interactive bracket with constantly updated results
- Click here to join the Facebook event [UPDATED 3/29-4pm]
- Each name is linked [UPDATED 3/29-4pm]
The ANGEL Conference
- Summer Glau (1) vs. Abby Elliot (16)
- Kate Micucci (8) vs. Serinda Swan (9)
- Kandyse McClure (5) vs. Laura Vandervoort (12)
- Eliza Coupe (4) vs. Elyse Levesque (13)
- Jewel Staite (6) vs. Allison Scagliotti (11)
- Karen Gillan (3) vs. Anna Kendrick (14)
- Meaghan Rath (7) vs. Jessica Williams (10)
- Felicia Day (2) vs. Janet Varney (15)
The BLESSED Conference
- Aimee Garcia (1) vs. Olivia Thirlby (16)
- Kate Mara (8) vs. Rooney Mara (9)
- Meg Chambers Steedle (5) vs. Lesley-Ann Brandt (12)
- Katrina Law (4) vs. Alison Brie (13)
- Janina Gavankar (6) vs. Deborah Ann Woll (11)
- Emmy Rossum (3) vs. Lizzy Caplan (14)
- Katie Lecleric (7) vs. Danai Gurira (10)
- Rose Leslie (2) vs. Ginnifer Goodwin (15)
The CALLIOPE Conference
- Rose Byrne (1) vs. Dichen Lachman (16)
- Romola Garai (8) vs. Yvonne Strahovski (9)
- Oona Chaplin (5) vs. Freida Pinto (12)
- Stephanie Jacobson (4) vs. Gemma Ward (13)
- Bella Heathcote (6) vs. Anna Torv (11)
- Nasim Pedrad (3) vs. Pippa Black (14)
- Emily Browning (7) vs. Ksenia Solo (10)
- Lily Cole (2) vs. Astrid Bergès-Frisbey (15)
The DUTCHESS Conference
- Danica McKellar (1) vs. Evangeline Lilly (16)
- Shu Qi (8) vs. Erin Cummings (9)
- Rebecca Hazlewood (5) vs. Shoshannah Stern (12)
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (4) vs. Alison Becker (13)
- Olivia Munn (6) vs. Joanne Kelly (11)
- Jennifer Spence (3) vs. Christina Ricci (14)
- Jasika Nicole (7) vs. Tatyana Ali (10)